Presentations and tools are from the Metadata Workshop held annually at the Alaska Marine Science Symposium.
ITIS Integrated Taxonomic Information System
- ArcView Metadata Collector - How to install the Metadata Collection extension for ArcView 3.x.
- metadata2 - Metadata Collector extension file. Instructions on loading this tool into ArcView are here.
NPS National Park Service metadata tools
- bio.cfg - A configuration file used by MP (or MP Batch) to validate against the Biological Data Profile.
- bio_smms.cfg - A configuration file used by MP (or MP Batch) to use with the Biological Data Profile. Designed to omit all of the SMMS specific tags that appear when a record is exported from SMMS version 5.1.
- cns.exe - the CNS (chew-n-spit) program (current as of June 2005)
- fgdc.cfg - MP configuration file enforcing the core FGDC standards
- Instructions for running MP in DOS - Word document describing how to run MP in DOS
- mp.exe - MP (Metadata Parser) program (current as of June 2005). Get Current Software
- MPBAT.ini - Initialization file used by MP Batch to locate input/output folders and the MP program
- MPbatch.zip -Installation package for MP Batch (also available from Intergraph)
- smms.ext - Extension file used by MP and bio_smms.cfg to ignore the SMMS tags created when exporting from SMMS version 5.1
Sample metadata records, including one for a non biological GIS data set and another for a non-GIS biological data set:
- SMMS05011335 - The latest patch for SMMS version 5.1
- URLs_in_SMMS_pics - How to enter a Network Resource Name (web address) in the "network resource name" element in section 6
- This folder contains all of the files needed to run TKME. The 'snippets' folder contains the snippets for all of the UTM zones, as well as snippets for the NAD27 and NAD83 datums. More Information on Snippets
- all_win.exe - Contains all the files for the free metadata tools (including CNS, MP, and TKME) published by USGS. The source code, written in C, is also included. All files current as of 01/18/06. More Information